We are now in the last three weeks of our mission. In a way it is hard to believe that it has been a year, but in other ways, it seems like it is time. Following are some photos that will show what has been happening the last two months here in Inscription House.
These are Navajo dolls made by Sister Brown who lives in Kaibeto. I think they are very attractive and I asked her to make me one. I hope she remembers.
This is Sister Rose June, my favorite piano student. She lives in Kaibeto and did not know any piano before we started and she is now playing simple hymns. She was so faithful to come and if she couldn't be to her lesson she would call. She is the one that kept me going in the piano area.
This is Elder Hunsaker and a young couple shoveling manure to put on their garden spot. We did this in November. Their garden spot is now ready for planting in the spring. They will need drip line and seeds and they will be ready to go. This is one of two garden spots we were able to prepare this fall in preparation for next year.
We travel to St. George to attend the temple, take care of needed business (car inspection) and this was at Thanksgiving time. Mikal and Jenn and family and Chad and Jill and family enjoying an evening at Red Robin. It is great to see family. It gives us a boost.
This is one of my piano students in Inscription House. We had a FHE/talent night where the piano students and others shared their talents. I'll post a couple of other pictures from that evening.
These are two young girls, one doing a hoop dance and the other playing a flute. Great talent.
Some of the Primary children showing pictures they prepared as part of the activity that night.
This is a young man that we met in April. He sat in on a lesson of his Uncle and seemed interested then his family moved. We were able to locate him again and started teaching him the lessons. His parents are less active, but have enjoyed receiving the lessons and are currently doing very well.
At our Christmas dinner we honored the elderly brothers and sisters in the Branch. Beautiful baskets of goodies were assembled and presented to them and of course we had a lovely Christmas dinner. We had a wonderful turnout for the evening and when it was over there was not a morsel of food left.
The young man in the baseball cap and the young lady are brother and sister and they share a birthday (one year apart). When I found out it was their birthday I told them I would fix a celebration dinner. When I called the sister to ask her to come to dinner on her birthday, her comment to me was, "I don't even remember what day my birthday is". We had a good laugh over that.
Good things are happening, as you can see. It has been a great learning experience and we have met many people who have impacted our lives. We hope we have given them something to help them draw nearer to our Savior and keep the work going here in Inscription House.
No comments:
Post a Comment